Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

Brrr...it was chilly this morning. I'm loving it!
I've had pumpkin on the brain. Pancakes, cookies, muffins, bread-all are wonderful made with pumpkin. So, what better to warm us up this morning then some pumpkin bread.


It takes an hour to bake and the boys were hungry. So we had apples for an appetizer.

Tripp thought it would be silly to use corn cob holders to eat his. Charlie took a different approach.


Pumpkin Bread

1cup of pumpkin puree (half a can for those of you who's 3 year old refuses to let "his" pumpkins be eaten)
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil (I used coconut b/c it's my fave for baked goods)
1/2 cup water
1 1/4 cups of sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (I used a mix of organic white and whole wheat)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon organic vanilla
1 heaping teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
roasted salted pepitas (optional)

Mix wet ingredients together in one bowl and the dry ones in a separate bowl. Combine the wet and dry stirring until mixed. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 325* for 1 hour. Before baking, I topped half of our loaf with the pepitas. If it weren't for the bebe partaking in some, I would have done the entire load because it is G.O.O.D.

a warm slice with a hot cuppa chai w/almond milk & honey (which is in my favorite mug painted by my favorite 3 year old at the local paint your own pottery place)
Tastes like Autumn :)





No comments:

Post a Comment