Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Say Goodbye to Plastic Wrap & Aluminum Foil...

and Hello! to Reusable Lid Covers!

For the third part of my Ecofrugality: From Disposables to Reusables series, I want to introduce you to the awesomeness of reusable lid covers.
Gone are the days of plastic wrap and aluminum foil...

These lid covers have a cute outer fabric and a waterproof inner fabric to help keep your food fresh.
Not only are they super cute and personalized to your liking, but they are functional and an inexpensive way to reduce your waste!

Like many of the handmade products I feature, there are several etsy and hyena cart shops that make these in some form or fashion.
My personal favorite is Rebel TLC's
She has a TON of fabrics to choose from as well as the largest variety of lid cover sizes.
She literally has designed a lid cover to fit over anything you can imagine from an open cup of yogurt to than half used can of condensed milk all the way to your largest serving platter or casserole dish.
Her prices are more than reasonable as well!

Now for the BEST PART!
Kelli of Rebel TLC's has donated 2 of her lid covers for this giveaway!
AND you get to pick the size and print!
How awesome is that?!
My giveaways are simple:
1. "Follow" my blog by clicking the follow tab to the right.
3. Leave a Comment on this post letting me know you're interested and what sizes and print you would choose!
And that's it my friends!
   
Want more tips on being ecofrugal???
Part 2: Reusable Feminine Products

This giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents (I don't mind shipping internationally, but you would have to cover the extra shipping costs) and will be open for 1 week. I will draw using random.org on Thursday, March 17 first thing in the morning.

9 comments:

  1. Love these!! I would love to have some for my casserole dishes and bowls. You're helping me out in all sorts of ways today! Anna ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 I follow you and like Rebel TLC on facebook! I do not know what I would choose for sure, but I love the Apple Dance fabric!

    lifesemicrunchy at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those loaf pan covers might just solve my bread wrapping dilemma!

    Love the red apples with the pink background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put these on my Christmas list this last year, but no one bought them for me - I just might have to break down and buy some for myself. I'd want a small and a 9x13 in the River Rapids print.

    jdeemarie @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. im interested. I would pick Size 2 - TINY - $2 .00 and SMALL. My favorite fabric is La Lechuza

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked her on facebook! I would probably pick cereal bowl sized covers. I like the little trees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I follow your blog and am a fan on FB.

    I would love a tween and a large in Something Red

    kathrynrose12 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandma uses something like this and always has, but I think they are just plastic and not nearly as cute.

    I wish I had the extra large and large and this fabric is adorable.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/rebeldream/TLCs/12December09178.jpg

    ReplyDelete