Monday, March 21, 2011

Meal Plan 3/21/11

Gosh, darnit!
I used to be such a great mother and wife when I only had 1 kid.
Every single thing we ate was homemade from scratch and either we grew it, someone very close to us did or if it came from the grocery store or local health food store, it was organic. 
I had every meal and snack of the day planned out in advance and we dined in gourmet fashion.
<Sigh>

Adding another in the mix 14.5 months ago and I STILL haven't gotten back into that groove. 
I've come to the realization that it may never fully happen again.
I laugh (to myself, I'm not that mean) when mamas to only 1 complain about being tired, cooking and their house being messy.
I know I did.
But now that I know how just adding 1 more little one to the family can throw things off, I do find it hilarious that they can't find the time when I long for it.

 I really want to get back on the meal planning train.
It keeps me sane and keeps our budget happy.
My meal planning has waxed and waned over the past year, but this time I mean business.
And if I post it publicly, then somehow I will be accountable, right?
Plus, we have a couple of fun things coming up and money is always tight.
Meal planning means we're far less likely to go out to eat and that is always a drain on any budget.

So, here is this week's dinner menu and I've already grocery shopped.

Monday: Chicken and Veggie Crockpot Fajitas over brown rice in a taco bowl
Tuesday: Stir-fried veggies and noodles with wontons
Wednesday: Salmon cakes (thanks for the reminder, Laura!) on a salad w/ lots of raw veggies
Thursday: Crockpot Pintos (w/leftover hambone from freezer), kale, cornbread
Friday: homemade pizzas or maybe pizza bread
Saturday: Roasted Polenta w/ goat cheese and Spinach, Red Pepper, Cauliflower Frittata
Sunday: baked potato bar w/ lots of fixins'

2 comments:

  1. As I grocery shopped today, I thought about how I should post my meal plan on my blog....you beat me to it :)

    Good idea about a baked potato bar. We haven't done that in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see your meal plan too! You always have good vegetarian ideas and I'm weaning Will off of meat at every single meal. I can usually get away with 1 or 2 veggie meals a week, but I'm pushing the envelope this week :) Meat just cost TOO much!

    ReplyDelete