Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Luminaries

*this is a repost from last year, timed just right for some weekend Halloween projects!

I love a good craft.
I do.
Sadly, this one didn't involve hot glue, but it did involve painting which is really my favorite.

We have a surplus of mason jars this year because the past 3 years, I've canned oogles of veggies and fruit harvested from our garden. But this year we're in a new home and all we managed was some containers with tomatoes and peppers. So, I have TONS of empty and sad jars.

Nothing a little paint and a tea light can't fix!
Supplies: clean pint and quart mason jars, sponge brushes, acrylic paints

 Tripp helped paint one, but shhh! Don't tell him I repainted it!
Basically, all ya do is brush on 1 coat of your paint and allow to fully dry. You can certainly do another for more coverage, but I did not. I let these dry overnight and then, painted the faces on the next morning.
Et Voila!
Add a tea light and you're all set!
Won't these look so festive all lit up on my sidewalk Halloween night?

Cute, Cheap and Easy. My favorite qualities in crafting!

4 comments: